|Upcoming Clinic Closures and Hours|
|Monday, December 24, 2018||Open: 7:45 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Tuesday, December 25, 2018||CLOSED|
Denver Public Health is nationally recognized for its expertise in testing for and treating sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Our physicians and nurses are on the cutting edge of research for prevention and treatment for a variety of STDs. Denver Public Health also offers birth control and family planning services to men and women. These visits can occur individually or at the same time as an STD visit.
Planning Your Visit
Our goal is to make your visit as easy as possible. We do NOT accept appointments in advance for STD testing. Our clinic is first come, first serve from 7:45 am - 5 pm. Walk-ins are given a same-day appointment, but it may be for later the same day.
Appointments are available for women interested in birth control by calling (303) 602-3540.
Our goal is to make your visit as easy as possible. We do NOT accept appointments in advance for STD testing. Our clinic is first come, first serve from 7:45 a.m. - 5 p.m. Walk-ins are given a same-day appointment, but it may be for later the same day.
- Check-in: Get a patient number from our front desk and hold on to it. Don't forget to bring your photo id and proof of address (utility bill, lease agreement, etc.). A nurse will see you first to determine what tests you need. You may also have blood drawn and be offered hepatitis vaccinations.
- Exam: An exam typically takes 30-60 minutes. Your clinician will ask questions to get a better idea of what tests you might need and how we can assist you. The more we understand about you, the better we can help you. We routinely test for gonorrhea, chlamydia, and HIV. Other tests may be done as needed.
- Results and Treatment: We can often make a diagnosis during your exam. If this happens, you may receive medication. If test results aren’t available, you will need to call the clinic at (303) 602-3540 or use our online results service to get your test results. Have your clinic number, password and date of your visit ready. If you have a positive test result and did not receive medication at the time of visit, you will need to return to the clinic for treatment. Online test results are available 24/7.
The STD Clinic provides evaluation and testing for many sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Your clinician will determine the appropriate tests for you. Most, but not all STDs are treated in the clinic. If needed, clinic staff can connect individuals to other sources of care.
The STD Clinic is a reduced fee clinic. Some of the services provided are assessed a fee. Services are not dependent on the ability to pay. Clinic staff will inform patients of any fees due at the time of the visit.
Evaluation and Testing
We can evaluate and test for the following STDs and conditions:
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Hepatitis C (HCV) with same-day results
- HIV testing with same-day results
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Herpes Simplex Virus (HSNon-Gonococcal Urethritis (NGU)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
Vaccinations can prevent several STDs, including:
These vaccines are available at the STD Clinic and/or the Immunization Clinic at Denver Public Health.
Have Questions? Please call us at (303) 602-3540.