Denver Public Health participates in an annual strategic planning process to ensure work continues to advance the mission and vision of the department. During this process, the department reflects on key accomplishments and progress made in the previous year. Denver Public Health's 2017-2019 Strategic Plan focuses on five priority areas and related goals.
- Health Equity
- Policy Work
- Customer-Focused Service
- Promote research to advance public health knowledge.
- Strengthen staff capability and organizational capacity to advance health equity in Denver.
- Improve the effectiveness of policy work to inform and support transparent collaboration.
- Ensure smooth transitions and follow-up for anyone who interacts with our system to provide customer-focused service.
- Build partnerships and leverage assets to assure successful collaborations.