Our comprehensive HIV services include:
- HIV Dental Clinic
- Medication Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Neurology (Clinic on Fridays from 10-11:30 a.m.)
- Services to connect and keep you in care
- Social Work Services
- Hepatitis C Clinic (Wednesdays from 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. and Thursdays from 1-4 p.m.)
- Women's Health
Protecting Your Partners
There are many steps you can take to ensure your health and protect the health of your partner(s). The Center for Positive Health offers several treatment options:
- Antiretroviral Therapy (ART): Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) is a combination of medications for HIV positive patients that can drop the amount of virus in the blood to undetectable levels. ART boosts and maintains the body's immune system, reduces the transmission of the virus to others, and provides a lifetime of better health.
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP): Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) is a preventative medicine that reduces the chance of getting HIV, before being exposed to the virus. PrEP has been shown to reduce the risk of HIV infection, when used consistently by individuals who are at high risk of getting HIV. In fact, PrEP has been found to be more than 90 percent effective at reducing HIV risk when used as directed.
- Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP): Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) is a course of medication taken within 72 hours of exposure to HIV. PEP can prevent HIV from replicating inside the body, and lowering the chance of HIV infection.
Most treatment options, including PrEP, are covered by most insurance companies, including Colorado Medicaid. Talk with your doctor about these treatment and prevention methods, or visit the Center for Positive Health today.