The Epidemiology, Informatics and Data Science team at Denver Public Health works to develop a comprehensive understanding of health in Denver and beyond by:
- Utilizing data from many sources including healthcare, public health, and the community.
- Analyzing data on health behaviors, conditions, outcomes and on the social determinants of health.
- Using health data to detect trends and disparities that indicate a need for action.
- Applying innovative analytic methods and technologies to public health problems.
- Involving diverse community members in assessing and addressing community health priorities.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of public health improvement efforts.
This work helps guide Denver Public Health’s priorities, educate individuals, empower community partners and translate data into action.