The team at Denver County Vital Records
Birth and Death Certificate Department
|Department Office Closures|
|Christmas Eve, December 24, 2020||Closes at 12 p.m. noon|
|Christmas Day, December 25, 2020||Closed|
|New Year's Day, January 1, 2021||Closed|
|Martin Luther King Day, January 18, 2021||Closed|
Denver Public Health offers multiple ways to order a birth certificate or death certificate including online, in person, by phone or by mail. If you live near Denver and want to visit our office, we are centrally-located and offer quick and easy access.
Whether you are looking to order a new birth certificate, a birth certificate replacement, or a copy of a birth certificate or death certificate, we are here to help.
We issue the following records:
- Certified birth certificates for the state of Colorado from 1905 - present.
- Certified death certificates for Denver County from 1964 - present.
Who can order a birth or death certificate?
- The person named on the birth record, with approved forms of identification.
- Members of the immediate family, with required proof of relationship. To prove your relationship, we accept:
- Birth certificates.
- Marriage certificates.
- Court-approved guardianship paperwork.
- Legal representatives of those named above.
Ways to order:
You can order certificates online, over the phone, in person or by mail.