Policy Change: Getting Help From Your Local Health Department
It is strongly encouraged that housing providers contact their local health agency/department, for smoke-free process assistance. A health department may be able to provide resources such as:
- Model and sample policies.
- Presentations for residents on the health effects of smoke.
- Presentations for staff, providing the tools they need to explain and enforce the policy.
- Connections to other hosing providers who have gone smoke-free.
- Cessation resources to help support policies and enforcement.
- Help with 'making the case' to owners, board members and other stakeholders.
Connect With Your Local Public Health Department