Birth and Death Certificates
Centrally-located, offering quick and easy access, Denver Public Health offers multiple ways to order birth and death certificates
We issue the following records:
- Certificates for any birth within the state of Colorado from 1905 to the present.
- Certified death certificates for Denver County from 1964 to the present.
Who can order a certificate?
- Person named on the birth record. Approved forms of identification. (Espanol)
- Members of the immediate family. (Proof of relationship is required.) To prove your relationship, we can accept:
- Birth certificates.
- Marriage certificates.
- Court-approved guardianship paperwork.
- Legal representatives of those named above.
Ways to order