Did you know that more 40 housing authorities have gone smoke free? We are seeing a trend in Colorado of more properties going smoke free.
- Do you live in a multiunit property that allows smoking?
- Are you breathing in secondhand smoke at home?
We can help!
Why your building should have a smoke-free policy
- Most Colorado residents prefer to live in a smoke-free environment.
- Implementing a smoke-free policy is legal. Smokers are not a protected class under Federal anti-discrimination laws.
- Smoke-free buildings help save on cleaning, maintenance and insurance costs.
- There is no safe level of exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Fires caused by smoking materials are the leading cause of home fires in the U.S.
- Insurance premiums may be lower in smoke-free buildings.
- Damage caused by third-hand smoke is difficult and costly to remove.