Did you know that one average it takes seven quit attempts before you are fully able to quit smoking?
Quitting smoking can be challenging because nicotine is a very addictive drug. Most people have to try several times to quit for good, so don't give up just because you haven't succeeded in the past.
Try out one - or all - of these quit tips:
To 10 Quit Tips
- Set your quit smoking date.
- Write down why you want to quit.
- Don't use other forms of tobacco instead of cigarettes.
- Make smoke-free home and care rules.
- Determine your triggers and then avoid them.
- Find other ways to relieve stress.
- Talk to your doctor or dentist about getting help to quit.
- Check your insurance policy for coverage of smoking-cessation medication and counseling.
- Get support.
- Keep trying.
Help to Quit Resources
- Colorado QuitLine
- Denver Health Cessation Clinics
- Denver Health offers a tobacco cessation clinic designed to assist patients and employees to be 100% tobacco-free. The clinic offers many cessation options and resources to help you quit smoking in a healthy and effective way.