|Memorial Day, May 25, 2020||Closed|
|Observed Independence Day, July 3, 2020||Closed|
|Labor Day, September 7, 2020||Closed|
|Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2020||Closed|
|Christmas Day, December 25, 2020||Closed|
We are the Denver Health Medical Center I.D. Pharmacy located in the Denver Public Health building and we would like to welcome you by letting our Denver Health Specialty Pharmacy Service Team assist you with complex and costly medications. These medications usually require special storage and must be handled at certain temperatures that may not be available at your local pharmacy. These medications may vary; they can be injected, taken by mouth or infused. Sometimes these medications may have side effects, which require monitoring by a trained pharmacist, a service in which we are happy to provide.
To provide excellent customer service we offer:
- Pharmacy assistance that include thorough one-on-one counseling by specialty pharmacists, so you always feel comfortable with what you are prescribed.
- Clinical support for specialty medications since we know that some medications can be very complex.
- Refill reminders, because we all know that life is busy.
- Insurance navigation and financial support so you know all of the options that are available to you.
- Free and convenient delivery and pickup options throughout the day.
- Interpreter/translation services to make sure that we understand your needs.
- Access to a licensed pharmacist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to discuss any urgent, clinical matters by calling 303-602-8726.
Our specialty pharmacy offers medications that can be difficult to find for rare and chronic health conditions. Because of the complex nature of some conditions and their treatment, patients who use our specialty pharmacy typically need more services than a traditional pharmacy can provide.
Our specialty pharmacists are trained on the medication you are taking and they are here to answer your questions about your therapy and care plan. Our pharmacists have direct access to your doctors, nurses and other providers and will reach out to them if needed.
- Teach you how to take your medicine correctly and consistently and share why it’s important.
- Ensure that you know how to use injectable medications.
- Help you understand and manage side effects and drug interactions.
- Discuss any problems you may have, such as administration difficulties or cost concerns.
- Work with your health care team to ensure your therapy is safe, effective and appropriate.
You can always pick up your specialty medication(s) from our pharmacy, or sign up for a free, overnight delivery via FedEx to your home. Prescriptions must be a specialty drug written by a Denver Health provider, and a signature upon receipt is requested.
See our welcome packet for more information about the Denver Health Specialty Pharmacy delivery program.
Insurance Coverage and Copays
Even with insurance coverage, your out-of-pocket cost may be high, depending on the insurance plan. We will work with manufacturers, advocacy programs and governmental programs to see if you are eligible for any financial assistance.
Prescription Refills and Renewals
You may order refills by:
- Stopping by our specialty pharmacy located at 605 Bannock St, Pavilion H on the 5th Floor.
- Calling our specialty team at 303-602-8726. When calling to request a refill, please allow two (2) business days for our specialty pharmacy to process and deliver your refill order.
- Requesting prescription refills and renewals online through Denver Health MyChart. One of our specialty pharmacy team members will contact you to confirm receipt of your request and to provide you with a date and time when your prescription will be ready for pick up or when it will be delivered.
- **MyChart is a secure online service that provides direct, anytime access to your or your family’s health information and allows simple health care management from any smartphone or computer. Read our MyChart Explainer to learn how MyChart works improve your care experience at Denver Health.
You can also check you order status by stopping by our specialty pharmacy, calling our specialty pharmacy team or using the MyChart online service.
If you have lost your medication or supplies, or if you need your prescription(s) in advance of travel, please call our specialty pharamcy, and our staff will work with you and your insurance company to ensure that your medications are covered and that there is no lapse in therapy.
A member of our team will contact you:
- One (1) week before your medication is scheduled to run out
- To check your progress
- To determine the shipment or delivery of your next refill
- To verify your therapy and get a new prescription if you do not have any refills left.
Our patient care coordinator or pharmacy technician will connect you to a clinical pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns about your therapy.