Current Disease Investigations
Current Flu Activity in Denver
The 2017-2018 flu (influenza) season is just ending. Flu activity in the state of Colorado was high, similar to the City and County of Denver. Denver Public Health recommends everyone 6 months of age and older get the annual flu vaccine. It takes about two weeks for the vaccine to offer its full protection, so the earlier you vaccinate, the earlier you are protected.
To provide the most effective protection from flu, Denver Public Health is following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) recommendation not to provide FluMist this flu season. When you visit any of the clinics at Denver Public Health, or your primary care provider, please ask for the flu vaccine, the best way to protect you and your family from the flu.
- As any clinic staff member for a flu shot when you come in for an appointment.
- Get facts about the flu from Denver Public Health.
- Visit the CDC's flu webpage.
- Walk-in to our Immunization Clinic for a flu shot today.
Childcare and School Resources
- Visit our flu fact page to download printable fact sheets in English and Spanish to hand out to families in your childcare center or school.