Birth and Death Certificates
|Upcoming Clinic Closures and Hours|
|Friday, November 30, 2018||Open: 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Monday, December 24, 2018||Open: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Tuesday, December 25, 2018||CLOSED|
Centrally-located, offering quick and easy access, Denver Public Health offers multiple ways to order birth and death certificates.
We issue the following records:
- Certificates for any birth within the state of Colorado from 1905 - present.
- Certified death certificates for Denver County from 1964 - present.
Who can order a certificate?
- The person named on the birth record, with approved forms of identification. (Español).
- Members of the immediate family, with required proof of relationship. To prove your relationship, we accept:
- Birth certificates.
- Marriage certificates.
- Court-approved guardianship paperwork.
- Legal representatives of those named above.
Ways to order:
Birth certificates can be obtained in person, at 120 W. 5th Ave., Denver, CO 80204. You will be asked to complete a form, and to present your current driver's license, state identification, passport or other form of accepted identification. (Español).
To request a certificate by mail, please fill out the birth certificate request form, or death certificate request form and mail the signed application, fee and photocopies of the appropriate proof of identity or relationship to our office at:
120 W. 5th Avenue
Denver, CO 80204
Mail requests will require one week processing time after we receive it.
Phone requests are process within two business days and have an additional $10 processing free.
Next day service is available for an additional $20 processing fee.
|Birth Certificates||Cost||Death Certificates||Cost||Additional Charges||Cost|
|1st certified copy||$20||1st certified copy||$20||Handling fee for overnight orders
|Additional certified copies||$13/each||Additional certified copies||$13/each||Overnight fee for rush orders||$20|
Birth and Death Certificate Applications:
- Birth certificate application (Solicitud Para Una Copia Certificada de Acta de Nacimiento).
- Death certificate application (Solicitud de copia Certificada de Certificado de Defuncion).
- Passport Information.
- Acceptable Identity Verification Documents (Español).
Frequently Asked Questions about Birth and Death Certificates
You may purchase your own, or one for your:
- Siblings (birth certificate proving one common parent required)